Sunday, April 27, 2014


These are the latest baskets that I've made.  I call them "Fiesta Baskets" because of the multi-color fabric that I used.  I love the way they turned out.  

First, I select the fabric.  Next, I cut the fabric into strips measuring 1 1/2 inches wide.  Then, I sew the fabric strips end to end before adding the cotton cord that I stitch into the strips.  It's like making piping.  Once these steps are completed, I begin the process of making either a round or oval basket. The entire process takes about three hours per basket.  I also sew a label on the bottom of the basket once I've built the starting coil to about 3 inches in diameter.

My current project is to make machine embroidered leaves to applique onto vests.  More about that process next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment